TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated October 9, 2019
Terminology. The following terms are used in these Terms of Service. Here is what they mean (in the order they are used):
• We use the term “Terms” to refer to these Terms of Service.
• We use the term “you” in these Terms to refer to you, a user of the Site.
• You may use the Site and Services only for your personal use, and not in connection with any commercial activity. This includes the right to print a single copy of Site Content. Otherwise, you may not reproduce, create derivative works of, display, perform or distribute the Site or any Site Content. You acknowledge that all Site Content is owned by us and third parties from which we have licensed the Site Content (including other users), and except for the rights stated above, no other right is granted and no other use is permitted.
• We do not pre-screen or control Site Content provided by anyone other than us, and we do not guarantee the timeliness, accuracy, completeness or quality of any Site Content.
• You may not use any automated devices such as spiders, robots or data mining techniques to catalog, download, store or otherwise reproduce, store or distribute Site Content or to exceed the access granted to you by us.
• You may not impersonate any person or entity, including a Romanceyourmarriage.com employee or agent, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
• You will not perform any act designed to interfere with the Site or Services, or any user’s access to the Site or Services.
• If you post or upload any Content to the Site, you agree to the rules described below with respect to Your Content.
Content Submitted by You. The Site may permit you to upload or post Your Content to the Site. With respect to Your Content, you agree to the following:
• You have all approvals needed to display Your Content to the Site, and to grant us the license provided below.
• You represent and warrant that Your Content does not infringe, violate or misappropriate any rights of any person or business.
• You agree not to upload or post any Content that is illegal, offensive, defamatory, discriminatory, pornographic, obscene, violent, hateful, invasive of another’s privacy, abusive, harassing, harmful or otherwise objectionable, or that impersonates any person or business.
• You agree not to upload or post any Content that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or any other harmful or malicious code, or that provides unauthorized access to any systems.
• You agree that we may remove Your Content from the Site at any time and for any reason.
• You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform and distribute Your Content in connection with the Site and our Services. You also grant us the right to permit other users of the Site to use Your Content for their personal, noncommercial use. We may sublicense these rights to our business partners without your consent.
Submission of Suggestions, Ideas and Recommendations to Us. If you choose to provide us with suggestions, ideas and recommendations (“Suggestions”), you grant us an unrestricted right to use and fully exploit all Suggestions. We are not obligated to keep Suggestions confidential. You are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind for any Suggestions.
Indemnification by You. At our request, you agree to defend, indemnify and/or hold us harmless indemnify us from and against all claims, actions, suits, proceedings, losses, liabilities, judgments, settlement amounts, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or related to your violation of these Terms, any claim related to Your Content and/or otherwise resulting from your use of the Site or Services.
Termination. Unless you are a Member, we reserve the right to terminate your right to access to and/or use of the Site and/or Services at any time for any reason. If you are a Member, we may terminate your Membership and your right to access and use the Site and Services in the event that you fail to comply with any of these Terms, effective immediately. If you are a Member, we will provide you with notice of any such termination through the email address provided through your account. When you become a paid Member, your Membership is set to automatically renew each year. You can turn off this automatic renewal at any time.
Discontinuation of Services. We also reserve the right to discontinue providing all or part of the Site or Services at any time. In such event, if you are a Member, we will endeavor to provide you with notice, but we are not obligated to do so.
No Warranties. You understand and agree that we do not provide any warranties with respect to the Site (including, without limitation, the Site Content) or the Services. THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER THE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Limitations of Liability. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF (i) YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION FEE OR (i) TEN U.S. DOLLARS ($10.00). You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the Site or Services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Copyright Issues; Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice. Romanceyourmarriage.com takes protecting copyright seriously. If you believe that Site Content is being displayed in violation of your copyrights, please email us at email@example.com.
Reporting Violations of these Terms. You can help maintain the Site and the Services as a comfortable environment for all users and Members. Please report violations of these Terms by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where a Service provides you with the ability to flag Content as inappropriate, you may notify us of violations of these Terms by utilizing such functionality.
Copyright Laws. This site and all materials on it are protected by copyright laws, which give creators of original works of authorship the exclusive right to use their works. Copyrighted materials may not be used or copied without the express written consent of romanceyourmarriage.com
Prohibited Uses. Any commercial use of the materials on this site is strictly prohibited. You may not sell, redistribute, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer these materials, copy them for other than approved uses, publish them on other Web sites, in other media, or for personal gain, or remove any copyright or trademark notice, without romanceyourmarriage.com’s express written permission.
Member Disputes. If you have a dispute with another user or Member, that dispute is between you and that user or Member. Even if we help facilitate resolution of the dispute, we are not responsible for the dispute and do not have any liability related to the dispute. You hereby release us from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
Refunds. There are no refunds. See our Billing Policies.
Governing Law, Venue. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the Province of Alberta, without regard to the choice of law provisions of any jurisdiction. Any claim or action relating to the Site, Services or these Terms may be brought solely in the provincial courts of the Province of Alberta and the federal courts of Canada. You and we irrevocably relating to the Site, Services or these Terms may be brought solely in the provincial courts of the Province of Alberta and the federal courts of Canada.
Waiver of Jury Trial and Class Action. By agreeing to these Terms, both you and Romanceyourmarriage.com are waiving the right to a jury trial on your respective claims. Further, you agree to only resolve disputes with Romanceyourmarriage.com on an individual basis, and waive any right to pursue any claims on a class or consolidated basis or in a representative capacity.
General Legal Terms. You and we agree to be bound by the following general terms apply:
• These Terms are the entire agreement between you and us.
• Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices under this Agreement will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given upon receipt, or, if by e-mail, when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by e-mail. You agree to notice via e-mail at the address you have provided. You can contact us by email at email@example.com.
• Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
• If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, such provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect.